About 5 miles from Sage Cottage is Marcus Daly Mansion
In 1886 Marcus Daly purchased the existing Anthony Chaffin homestead, including the farmhouse, and had it completely remodeled by 1889. This was to be his family's summer residence. Because the Daly family did extensive entertaining, the Mansion was remodeled again in 1897 to a Queen Anne style Victorian home. This home, when completed, reminded Marcus of a church, so once again, remodeling plans were begun. Marcus Daly died in November of 1900 before the remodeling was started. A few years later, Mrs. Daly contracted A. J. Gibson of Missoula to go ahead with the remodeling plans. The Queen Anne home was to be incorporated into the new Georgian-Revival style home. The remodeling was completed in 1910.
The home has over 50 rooms, with 25 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, as well as 7 fireplaces, 5 of which have imported Italian marble. The home is three stories for a total of 24,000 square feet, plus a full basement. Some of the main rooms include a large living room, music room, formal dining room, sun room, trophy room which was added in 1914, and upstairs sitting room and a third floor billiard hall.